Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Big Kiddos!

I usually keep my birthday pretty low-key when it comes to the kiddos. I'll pass out cookies at the end of the day, so it's mellow. Otherwise, it turns into a barrage of cards that I feel guilty tossing out. My co-teacher told the kiddos that it was my birthday. I was gone the first half of the day, so there wasn't too much birthday craziness. 

As they came in from last recess, I was giving directions I could tell that they had a surprise planned. The ear-to-ear grins are totally a tell-tell sign. After I was done giving directions, the kiddos all shouted, "Happy Birthday, Mrs. Trac!" That was totally magical then something even more magical happened. The next door class shouted, "Happy Birthday!" Then, another fourth grade class two doors down (like way down the corridor) shouted, "Happy Birthday!" All without the prompting of their teachers. Definitely one of my top ten moments of the year. 

It's nice to know they love me as much as I adore them. I totally adore them, quirks and all.

No comments: