Monday, July 6, 2009

Once In Awhile...

Once in awhile, I get in a funk that can only be remedied by a rather large interesting book. It's kind of odd. I think it's one of those situations that I need to set a goal for myself and complete it in a reasonable amount of time. Sometimes, I finish the book and sometimes I don't. For instance, I finished the goliath of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay and loved it. A few years ago, I picked up One Hundred Years of Solitude then put it down for awhile and again picked it up months later. Last summer, I started Emma and didn't finish it because I had started it right as my program picked up. I hope to finish it, but it's not the right time. It's all about timing.

Again, I find myself jonesing for a good read. I've been researching it for quite sometime. I thought about reading East of Eden or Anna Karenina. Hesitations settled in when I remembered that I'm not the biggest fan of Steinbeck and I thought of all those Russian names that need to be remembered. Instead, I've settled on A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I'm going to get it tomorrow and start it. I'm uber excited.

http://obc-fys.pbworks.com/f/treeinbrooklyn.jpg

No comments: