Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Just Not Ready to Say Goodbye Yet"

http://www.firstshowing.net/img/ps-iloveyou-poster.jpg

Because I'm a sucker for romantic movies, we watched P.S. I Love You. Yes, I heard about the not-so-great reviews, but I chanced it anyway. Was it worth it? No, not really. The acting in it wasn't that great. How awkward was Harry Connick Jr as the swoop in friend? And Lisa Kudrow was just a friskier Phoebe in this movie. Most lines that Hilary Swank says ends with a little awkward giggle. Despite these major weaknesses, I did find Gerry's letters moving. The idea of how to sort out your life after a loved one dies is a good premise. Maybe, the book is better? I thought Gerard Butler did an awesome job. If you want a good chick flick that has Butler in it, watch Dear Frankie. It's another movie with letters but with an entirely different premise.

No comments: