Friday, May 2, 2008

Cal Poly Profs are the Best

When I was in the midst of the UCSB application process, I had to get a couple of letters of recommendation. I decided to ask one of my professors from Poly, who had helped me with my Senior Project. I also took this amazing Modern Poetry in Translation with him. I loved that class even though it totally kicked my derriere. Of course, I emailed him to let him know my good news. This is the amazing encouraging response:

Wow, you really got it goin', B-... Congrats Big time!!! I'm proud of you...and I know this will help generations of students to come, all of whom will feel your compassion and intelligence... Way to go! --K

By the way, I got the response the very next day. It came even quicker than when I used to email him about class. lol. This response demonstrates exactly why I want to become a teacher. I've been so inspired by many of my teachers. I want to to pass along these sentiments of encouragement and enthusiasm to others. :)

No comments: