Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not So Super

The image “http://www.plume-noire.com/gif&co/poster/confessions-of-a-superhero-poster.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


Confessions of a Superhero is a documentary that follows the lives of four individuals who dress up as movie characters and pose for pictures with tourists. As many of them admit throughout the movie, it's glorified panhandling. All of them want to be movie stars, but most of them don't have the talent or charisma to make it. The movie has a melancholy whimsical quality. I enjoyed it, probably because I'm really interested in memoirs right now. I always think it's interesting to learn how other people choose to live their lives. I would have never known these people existed if I hadn't watched the movie. Now, I'm kind of curious and want to go to Chinese Mann Theater to see for myself. My favorite character was the Hulk. I thought he was the most realistic of the bunch. Overall, it was pretty intriguing.

No comments: