Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Catch Up: How Complimenting

Source
 Before I let the kiddos have their holiday party last Friday, they had to do one academic activity. I sound like a total Grinch. I know. Have you seen 21 kids hopped up on sugar? I needed some sanity before the chaos.

I had them write about their favorite winter holiday. After they finished writing, they had to read it to themselves and then to somebody else. Peer review editing. Have to get them ready for the big leagues. Lastly, they got to read their writing to the whole class if they wanted to share it. That's my favorite part. Once they share, they can get a few compliments from the peanut gallery. Their compliments were so adorable and very professional. Here are some examples: 

I like your sentences.
I like how you talked about [enter specific detail]. 
I like your writing. 
I like how you read with expression. 

How much do you love the last one? By the way, did I tell you that they're only in first grade?

No comments: