Friday, August 6, 2010

That Moment



The big moment is coming. I thought I was ready. Now, I'm not sure. My hubster tells me that I just have to be myself. Easy enough, right? Well, it's more than just being myself that I have to be. I have to show the real me. 

The me who rests deep in my heart. 
The me who stands confidently in front of the kiddos.  

The me who only peeks out and says hello to those I love and deeply admire.
The me who believes so firmly in compassion and respect for the human condition.  

The me who knows that I was made to do this even though I've been running from it.  
The me who makes such deep connections with kiddos that I don't even understand how it happens, so how can I possibly explain it?


Not easy enough. I keep thinking that I have to do it for everyone who has so much invested in me and my dream. Trust me, there are more people than I ever thought there would be. It's actually pretty amazing and humbling. I don't have to do it for them. I need to do it for myself. I need to do it because I deserve this opportunity. 

No comments: