Thursday, July 22, 2010

Les Petits Souvenirs

*Beach near dry forest in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.

The weather here has been flat out ugly. I can't think of a nicer way to put it. The sun doesn't break through until around 2 in the afternoon at best. It's not only cloudy. It's also chilly. I'm wearing a scarf in the middle of July. I've been cheated out of my gorgeous morning drives along the ocean. If you can't tell, I have a major case of summer blues, which may explain why I almost ended up wearing blue every day this week. Good thing, I caught my almost folly. (In case you're wondering, I opted for grey today.)

To compensate, I've been reminiscing about all of our lovely vacations. As I sit in the coffee shop daydreaming, I notice that it's all of the smallest memories that come back with the greatest of ease and create the greatest joy. Here's a little list.

Hawaiian Cruise:
Roaming aimlessly along the streets of Kona, enjoying the warmth without any agenda. Trying to get the perfect picture of a salamander.

Mediterranean Cruise:
Eating a delicious chicken sandwich, looking at pink colored buildings and taking a photo of a French Toto.

Palm Springs:
Watching my hubster slide down on his butt on a snow covered mountaintop.

Bellingham, Seattle, & Vancouver:
Eating the best salmon dinner ever with heirloom tomatoes and watching the sunset from the old house balcony.

Costa Rica:
Looking at more stars than I can count.

New York City:
Sitting on the steps of the NY Public Library and people watching.

Chicago:
Taking pictures at the Bean and wishing it was a sunny day.

No comments: