Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wannabe Martha

I was raised on Martha Stewart. I thought my dream kitchen and craft room would look just like her open airy sets. I thought everyone measured every ingredient and put them in little matching bowls. I loved her themed shows, especially the holiday ones. Who wouldn't want to make little spiders out of pretzels and chocolate?

As I admired Martha for her cleanliness and creativity, I would bug my mom to try out some of her projects with me, at least the edible ones. My mom was definitely more of a Martha spectator than a Martha imitator. What about me? Once I was able to drive myself to Michaels, I became a Martha imitator and have been one ever since. My strengths include card making and scrapbooking. I found some adorable card ideas at Impress.






No comments: