Friday, June 4, 2010

Sculptor

Taken at the Met during our NYC trip in May.


Subbing this week has been quite an adventure. It's either the last week of school or the second to last week of school. The beach and sunshine are singing their siren song. They're also calling me too, which isn't helpful at all. Here's a fun conversation I had while in second grade.

Miss J: I want to be a sculptor when I grow up.
Me: I did too.
Miss J: Why aren't you?
Me: (panics but trying to play it cool) Hmmm...I haven't taken enough classes. Maybe, I'll take one this summer.
Miss J: Oh...

The real reason? Somehow, the distance between my imagination and the clay is far too great. Rather than a masterpiece, I end up with a mound of disappointment. Perhaps, I will take a class this summer. Classes with grown-ups can be so intimidating though, especially when it comes to art.

No comments: