Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Taxis, Subways, & Cheap Eats Day 6

We're at the end of the line! Our last day was mostly spent at the Met. We took a wee break to check out Central Park with my hubster's friend, Ruka. She gave us a lovely tour of the park. The Met was by far my favorite thing that we did on the trip. It totally shows in our collection of photos. We have 300+ photos taken there. Being surrounded by all that beauty is indescribable. At some point, you become overwhelmed with all the beauty and history.

On my must see list: the Greek and Roman wing, Egyptian wing, the impressionists, especially Degas, Van Gogh, and Monet. I gained a new appreciation for Seurat. I loved the colorful borders that are often overlooked in his paintings. My hubster wanted to see the Arms and Armor wing and the African, Central American, etc wing. I'm so happy that he made those picks. The Temple of Dendur is surreal. You must check out the ancient graffiti. Thanks Leonardo of 1820! I wished we had more time for the Met and Central Park. C'est la vie. By this time, we had run out of feet as my hubster says. We weren't physically tired; our feet just gave out.

Our last meal was spent at Lombardi's. Surprisingly the wait wasn't long at all. They're very efficient at seating and exiting you. The meatballs on our pizza were delicious. Patzeria still has my heart though. Lombardi's is kind of like the Statue of Liberty. Glad to say we went, but I wouldn't go back. You may see occasional random posts about New York because I wasn't able to squeeze in all of the photos in these 5 posts. There are also so many little things to talk about! I bid you farewell as I get ready for my trip to Chicago.














No comments: