Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Taxis, Subways, & Cheap Eats Day 1 & 2

Being in New York felt like a wonderful dream. The entire time I was there, I couldn't believe that I was seeing what I was seeing and eating what I was eating. It's been quite sometime since I've been in such a dreamlike state during a vacation. Every morning, I thought I would wake up in my own bed contemplating what a nice dream, but each morning I woke up in a room on the second floor of an adorable brownstone building.

I've been contemplating how to document this trip. I'll try to combine days when possible. However, we have just so many pictures that I want to share that most days will be lucky enough to get their own posts. With all of this introduction stuff out of the way, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

New York City was filled with so many surprises: so many people are willing to help befuddled tourists, the tap water is delicious, and food can be unbelievably inexpensive and delicious. When we arrived, we walked down a few blocks and picked up a hero sandwich, chips, and a soda for $4.50! We lounged in our cozy room and waited up for Carlos. He's my hubster's bff and NYC enthusiast.

On our first real day out in the city, we spent most of it at the American Museum of Natural History, the setting for A Night in the Museum. As Carlos so accurately described it, it's like its own kingdom. It's huge! We spent the entire day there (minus a lunch break to Gray's Papaya) from when it opened until it closed and still didn't finish it. The dinosaur and Native Americans of the Pacific Northwest exhibits tied for first place with me. I loved seeing all the kiddos on their field trips. Their excitement was contagious. For dinner, we went to Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in Harlem. Then, enjoyed a long leisurely walk home.











No comments: