Sunday, January 24, 2010

"I See You"

http://www.vinelanddriveintheater.com/images/avatar_poster.jpg

As part of Carlos' birthday extravaganza, we went to watch Avatar in IMAX and 3D. Fancy, no? We had been hesitant to watch it for a bunch of reasons. My hubster's normally not that interested in sci-fi or fantasy movies. I had heard that the plot was pretty simplistic. My friend's little brother even said it was like a grown-up version of Disney's Pocahontas. Overall, I think the movie is visually stunning and watching it in 3D is definitely worth it. As for the plot, I'll have to say it's like a hybrid of Pocahontas and Ferngully. I had loved Ferngully as a kid and watched in numerous times. Because I was so familiar with the plot of that movie and the numerous similarities with Avatar, I was really craving more. I would say Avatar is a good movie, but not one of my favorites.

No comments: