Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bonjour Quebec!


A week ago, I got to teach the kiddos about the French settlers in Quebec. It was a lot of fun. My favorite part was when the movie mentioned that the settlers were excited about the shipping season because brides came on the ships. When I reviewed with the kiddos about the shipping season, the first thing one of the kiddos mentioned was the part about the brides. The following is a conversation I had with a kiddo today about Quebec.

Miss S: Mrs. Trac, do you remember when we learned about the French and Quebec?
Me: Yes.
Miss S: Well for spring break, I'm going to Quebec.
Me: Really? I've been there. I love Quebec.
Miss G: You've been to Quebec?
Miss S: Yes, I'm going to take pictures of the settlement to bring back.
Me: Are you going to see the Hudson River?
Miss S: Yes because I did my report on Hudson.
Me: Are you going to learn some French?
Miss S: I already know some French. I know how to count up to ten because I used to do it with my third grade teacher.

Gotta love a kid that remembers stuff from class!


No comments: