Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Cheaper Chicken



I have always loved Father of the Bride (the one with Steve Martin), which of course where the quotation for this title comes from. This posting isn't about the Father of the Bride. Instead, it's about Monastery Stays. It's been featured on Budget Travel, CNN and The Guardian. My hubster and I have been trying to figure out a way to travel through Europe on the cheap without having to stay at hostels, so staying at a monastery might be our answer.

My hubster is a wee bit nervous. I think it's because he actually went to Catholic school. I think it might be a good way to travel. Most of the reviews have said that the rooms are really clean. The only minus is that there is a curfew set around 11pm at most monasteries. We're accustomed to curfews and deadlines since we've been on several cruises. I think it'll just take some research. We're hoping to at least try it once.

No comments: