Monday, December 1, 2008

Catch Up: Badminton


This post has to be super short because I have about 8 million things to do. Instead of partaking in the Black Friday madness at Frys, I went to play badminton with my hubster and the in-laws. It was beyond fun. I heart badminton because it takes minimum arm muscle and running. Perfect for fragile me. When we first entered the badminton club, my aba (dad in Cantonese) had to sign us all in. He signed me as Bea T---. I was so happy. It totally made me feel like part of the family.

While we played, both my aba (dad in Cantonese, remember?) and ama (mom in Cantonese) complimented me on my playing. They have never complimented me on anything nor do they compliment their sons often. It was such a privilege to be complimented by them. It finally felt like they genuinely like me. Now, all I have to do is find my old badminton racket and remember to bring my sneaks for next time. Yay!

p.s.
My hubster has learned by tapping technique. He's also acquired his dad swatting technique. It's a perfect competitive combo.

p.p.s.
If you play badminton for 1.5+ hours, watch out. Your derriere and hamstrings will be super sore. Unfortunately, I speak from experience.

No comments: