Sunday, August 3, 2008

Batman is the Man for Me

http://www.deviousnoise.com/images/posters-large/darkknight.jpg

After much hinting and enough pity accumulation, my hubster agreed that we should go and watch the Dark Knight. I loved it! Even my hubster liked it and asked on the way out, "Who wrote this? It was good writing for a comic book movie." Of all the comic book based movies (Spiderman, Superman, Hell Boy, Fantastic Four, etc), Batman is my all time favorite. My mom asked if I thought it deserved all the attention and money that it's been raking in. My answer? Most definitely. I don't want to give anything away because it would take away from the movie. I really enjoyed Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine's performances. Yes, Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker is darker and more interesting than Jack Nicholson's.

Favorite line:

Lieutenant Gordon:
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight."

No comments: