Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I <3 My Dad

I'm still feeling a glum, which is why I haven't called my dad lately. I know. I know. Shame on me. I just didn't feel like trying to be happy. Today, he took the initiative to call me, so I called him back of course. He instantly knew that I've been glum. (I'm assuming my mom's been passing along the info.) Here's my favorite part of our conversation:

Dad: (ever the optimist) Don't worry. You'll get used to everything.
Me: (ever the pessimist) I hope so.
Dad: For now, I'll call you every day to remind you that we support you.

That was the perfect remedy. How can you be glum chum after someone tells you that? Thanks Dad. Below is one of my favorite photos of my Dad from the wedding.

It definitely shows our personalities: me being the over analyzer and my dad being the carefree bubble blowing dad. Classic.

No comments: