Tuesday, May 27, 2008

If Only It Were True


http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n31/n156144.jpg

Last week, I finally picked up If Only It Were True again. I haven't read it for about two years. However, once I got going it was easy to get back into it. I even remembered exactly why I stopped when I did. I couldn't bear to find out what happened to Arthur at that moment. It was definitely a page turner towards the end. I loved the story. After you get past certain realistic expectations, it's easy to get swept away in the romance. It's nice that it's romantic without being a cheesy Danielle Steel novel. My favorite character is Arthur because he reminds me a lot of my hubster. No matter how cheesy that sounds, it's true. Marc Levy has a French romantic sensibility that reminds me of Love Me if You Dare. He mixes mortality and loss with love and whimsy. If you're a romantic at heart or want some easy summer reading, it's worth picking up.

No comments: