Thursday, May 22, 2008

For Those Who Aren't Peach Colored...

http://catalog.ateachersaide.com/images/edu/big/CE/BIN008W.gif

While I was banished to supply order purgatory and painfully entering each order into a spreadsheet, I came across Multicultural Crayons aka Skin Tone Colored Crayons. Apparently, these crayons are designed to cover the skin tone spectrum. At first, I found them totally offensive. I suppose that initial assumption is due to poor marketing.

After I thought about it some more, I realized that I never liked to use the brown color to color pictures of myself in school. It didn't seem to match my skin tone. I'm definitely brown but not that shade brown. Fortunately, I did finally figure out that the right shade of brown for me is burnt sienna. Maybe, multicultural crayons aren't that bad. Just don't put a picture of a bunch of brown kids on the box. :P


No comments: