Saturday, April 12, 2008

"My Characters Shall Have, After a Little Trouble, All that They Desire"

http://videogazette.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/bj_poster_final.jpg

For our movie showing this weekend, we watched Becoming Jane. Can you guess who picked it? lol. I must admit that my hubster is beyond awesome when it comes to letting me pick movies. He's watched tons of foreign movies, goober independent movies, and chick flicks because he loves me. Throughout most of the movie, we were drawing parallels to Pride and Prejudice since it's one of my favorites. The dialogue became cumbersome at times. My hubster's response to the movie: It's just like Pride and Prejudice, but it doesn't have a happy ending. I thought it was okay. I didn't think that Tom changed enough or displayed enough good character to be deserving of Jane. I was also rooting for Wisley the whole time. Now, I'm itching to read some Austen.

No comments: