Monday, March 3, 2008

New Favorite Band: Big City Dreams


Yesterday, I was listening to a mix cd that Davphung made for me forever ago. I stumbled across track 23. The first two verses go:

Can we stay the same if I move half the world away?
We'll float off through the night and hope to meet somewhere inbetween
And the sunshine will give every story a bright side another happy ending
On the West Coast you'll never need a raincoat, dreaming's what we're doing out here

Will the stars shine the same on your side of half the world away
Wish upon a moonlit sky that I will be back again someday
And the night life a temporary yes good bye
You'll do right and I will do the same
On the West Coast you'll never need a winter coat, waiting's what I'm doing out here

I looked up the mystery band, and it's Big City Dreams. The song is called "Head North. Turn Left." They're an unsigned-relatively-unknown-"indie/powerpop" band out of Gainesville, Florida. I think they have the potential of pretty marketable. Just a few years ago, I remember listening to some non-mainstreamed singers named Sara Bareilles and Colbie Caillat. So, who knows where Big City Dreams will be? Thanks so much Davphung for being one of my music gurus!

No comments: