Saturday, February 9, 2008

Homemade

I had a really awesome conversation about homemade cards with this kiddo that my teacher tutors.

Me: Mr. P, have you gotten your valentines ready for Valentine's Day?
Mr. P: Nope.
Me: Mr. P, you don't have much time. It's next week! Do you normally buy valentines or make them?
Mr. P: (pauses) I like to make cards. Even for birthdays, I'll make the person a card. My mom usually buys me things and I put them together. It might take me two days if I have tutoring.
Me: What do you put on your cards? Like, if you were going to make one for your mom, what would it have on it?
Mr. P: A heart.
Me: What about your dad?
Mr. P: A boat.
Me: Why?
Mr. P: Because my dad sails boats. He's been in a bunch of championships.

If only you knew how awesome it is that this kiddo likes to make homemade cards. It's beyond endearing. Can you imagine a championship boater receiving a homemade card from his son?

No comments: