Friday, October 28, 2011

First Big Step

Today, I took my first really big pedagogical step as a teacher. I'm really proud of myself. It's funny because I was so anxious to do it. As a new teacher, I'm trying to always find the delicate balance between valuing innovation and respecting the work of my seasoned peers. I believe there is room for both if done in a professional manner. I finally gathered my strength from the hubster and his wise words. I also had these words from Steve Jobs echoing in my mind, "Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." I know everyone is quoting that Stanford commencement speech, but it's really stuck with me. It's not cliche to me. It's the truth that is so often overlooked and underestimated.

No comments: