Monday, September 19, 2011

Fourth

http://img2.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.269774158.jpg
{Source}

When I got my job offer, I was thrilled and a bit unsure about the grade level that I was offered. I was given a position on the fourth grade team. A bit unsure because it was the only grade that I had never taught for more than a day or so. It would be whole new territory for me. All summer, I kept thinking, "Will fourth graders like this? Is it too first grade? Is it too fifth grade?" I thought I would miss my little first grade niblets terribly. 

I'm about three weeks into the school year and we're finally set into our permanent routine. What's the verdict? I love it! I feel so blessed to be with these kiddos. My class is amazing. It's such a neat age. They're independent and sweet. Best of both worlds. 

I've even had three moms tell me that their kiddos are happier and more responsible with about finishing their work. I wish I could take the credit for them being happier and more responsible, but I really think a lot of is the kiddos' coming of age. I'm so thrilled to see how this year will unfold.

No comments: