Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One Last Getaway

Glamping_beachyellow2_large_large
Source



I'm craving one last summer getaway. It's been a rather quiet grey summer this year. I did lots of lounging and reading. Most of the major aesthetic details of my classroom are ready to go. That's what I did most of summer. Moved into my room. Organized, sorted, tossed. Basically, worked. I would have preferred more of a holiday. I've been really spoiled this year. Every few months, my hubster and I had to hop on a plane to be somewhere for something. This has been the longest stretch of time of this year that we haven't had to make a trip to the airport. 

I shouldn't complain too much though. The summer was sprinkled with mini trips here and there. We went to Vegas for a few days. I also spent some time with my friend in San Clemente. Two weeks ago, we were in Cambria for a few days. Just last week, I rode the train to LA for a day trip to explore Chinatown, Little Tokyo and Olvera Street. I guess I'm just looking for a bit of last minute excitement before the school year hustle and bustle. 

No comments: