Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Brave Like Him

My hubster is wonderfully brave. He won't admit it. I'm not even sure if he realizes it. He jumps into each new adventure with such enthusiasm. When he's in the thick of it, anxiety will occasionally creep up behind him. I greatly admire his ability to hop into situations with very little hesitation. When I ask him how he does it, he simply replies, "It needs to get done." Oh, my very practical engineer.

Words often fail me when I try to express my fear to him. As my mind begins to shape my words they are overshadowed by "It needs to get done." When I look at him, I know that his eyes will not make me feel small. Even so, I know he does not truly understand the intensity that my fear surrounds me. In spite of my fear, my pride still has its ever present voice. My pride tells me, "There is no reason that you can't be as brave as he is." With great love and admiration, I would love to be as brave as he is.

No comments: