Thursday, September 2, 2010

"We Speak with Our Eyes "

http://www.trueskool.org/images/planetbboy.jpg
Source

Over the summer, I watched Planet B-Boy: Breakdancing Has Evolved during my documentary binge, but I never got around to blogging about it. Scandalous! It was one of my favorite documentaries. I love this documentary for so many reasons that I'm not quite sure where to begin. What's the heart of the movie? The creative individuals who are passionate about their art. I love that! Each team has such intriguing personalities and back stories. I really connected with the stories of the Japanese and South Korean teams. It was fascinating how they included the perspective of the b-boy families to make it really personal. At times, the commentary becomes poetic, which is a welcomed surprise. Of course, the dancing is amazing. It's an oldie but goodie. I highly recommend it.

No comments: