Thursday, September 9, 2010

Another Halloweenie!

Halloween is fast approaching. Thanks Michaels and Walmart for reminding me. Halloween is a very big deal at the school I'm at. We do a huge Halloween parade with the entire school (Over 600 kids dress up). All the teachers and aides dress up too. We trot around in a circle and display our costume while Monster Mash plays. No pressure, right? That's exactly why I'm trying to figure out my costume now. 

My first year, I was a tree. Last year, I was an alien. Both were homemade costumes. I love homemade costumes. I never had them as a kid. My parents always got me the perfect store bought costumes. I'm hoping to make homemade costumes a tradition with my family whenever the kiddos finally arrive. That's why I'm trying to get some practice in now. 

My hubster wanted me to be a milkshake, but I couldn't find any inspiring milkshake costumes. I started to browse Target for some ideas, just in case I didn't have time to make my costume. I found a cupcake and crayon costume. They are so pricey! I decided to roam over to Etsy and Martha. Now, I have too many options. 

Source

Source
Source

Source
Source
 I'm honestly leaning towards the sushi one. I think I could hand stitch it, and it would be the easiest. I was also thinking about switching it up and being a sushi boat. That makes it way ambitious. When it comes to the one with the butterflies, I was thinking about modifying it and making it with bees instead. Then, I could draw honeycomb pattern on a t-shirt, get a tutu and become a beehive. The Rubik's cube is so classic, and it would be so fun to make with my hubster. I might hate contact paper and black duct tape after making it. Oh, choices, choices.

No comments: