Thursday, July 8, 2010

Catch Up: Love

*Taken Oct 2006

If you haven't noticed by now, most of my latest posts have the same theme: I'm trying to figure out life. It becomes either a hobby or an obsession depending on where I am at in life. When I'm in the middle of big transition, it has surpassed being an obsession. Sometimes, I'm so busy trying to figure out how to make all the pieces fit that I don't notice how beautiful the pieces are.

Me: Why can't I have my dream come true?
Hubster: Because you've had so many come true. You need to share.
Me: But I really want this one to come true.
Hubster: I know. It will.
Me: It's not like I'm being the greedy kid at the birthday party hogging all the candy from the pinata.
Hubster: (laughs)

One thing that I'm notorious for is taking for granted that I have so much love in my life. Terrible. I know. I've just always had it. I've never known life without it. It's like air for me. It's just always been there. I don't take too much stock in thinking about it. I just know it'll be there when I wake up.

After reading tons of love poetry as an English major, you would think that I would have a better appreciation for it. Hmmm...that's not how I've acquired my increasing appreciation for it. It's in moments like the one above. To have someone see the beauty in you and the life that you live, it's remarkable. Not everyone has that. If you have it, be thankful for it. Yes, it's one of my dreams, and it came true almost 12 years ago.

No comments: