Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"You Know, You Really Are...Fantastic"


A bunch of our friends have raved about Fantastic Mr. Fox. I'm a huge Roald Dahl fan and have read a bunch of his books even some of his adult fiction. I
wasn't familiar with this story though. The movie is visually stunning. The details in the setting are amazing. I love how the movie maintains the mischievousness and cleverness, which are common themes in all of Dahl's stories. The actors who did the voices were very well cast. Jason Schwartzman as Ash was genius. My only problem was the characters themselves. I really wanted to like the Fox family, especially Mr. Fox and Ash. I just didn't fall in love with them even when they attempted to redeem themselves. I would still recommend watching it for all the other reasons.

No comments: