Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Happy Day

Whenever I'm feeling down and out, I always seem to have a good next day. Today was one of those days.
  • A kiddo kept calling my name over and over while I was helping another kiddo. I thought it was because he had a burning question. Nope. He just wanted to tell me that the Polynesians thought Captain Cook was a god because his boat had white sails similar to that of their harvest god. p.s. He's doing a report on Hawai'i.
  • I got to hear the roar of "Yays!" of every kid on the playground when the principal announced that there was still 15 minutes of recess left as part of their extended recess.
  • Watched authors and illustrators of children's books be treated like rock stars as part of Author's Day. Kiddos were so excited to show me their autographed books.

No comments: