Monday, January 18, 2010

Wishing On a Sea Star

This past weekend, we spent a bit of time in Cambria, which is one of our favorite places in the whole wide world. There's seriously no hyperbole going on in that statement. On our way out, we stopped by Home Arts, a beautiful artsy home goods store. Then, my hubster was struck by inspiration. He turns to me and says, "I know what we could put on the walls in the downstairs bathroom. You could paint a couple of starfish. You could also do seahorses if you want to."

I love how I get volunteered for this mural project. There was definitely not a "we" tossed anywhere in there. Feeling inspired by the store and agreeing that our bathroom could use a neat mural, I willingly took on the challenge. With one change, there will definitely not be any seahorses going up. They are out of the scope of my mediocre artistic abilities. I spent all morning creating an inspiration board. Thank God for Flickr and Etsy. Next steps, deciding on the wall, making a few preliminary sketches, then picking colors. I've been jonesing for a project. I guess I got what I was asking for.

1. Whale Series, 2. Detail of Air Conditioner Mural - Starfish on Surf Shack/Tiki Hut Door, 3. Shell vignette 03, 4. handpainted starfish, 5. Octopus' Garden, 6. Under The Sea..., 7. Not available, 8. Not available, 9. starsandtinsel12.26.08, 10. Jelly Star, 11. Not available, 12. Wild Things13. Not available14. Not available15. Not available16. Not available

No comments: