Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oh Kindergarten!

I have been spending tons of time in kinder. It's even got the first graders thinking that I'm really a kindergarten teacher. Oy. Here are my two favorite highlights from the last two days:

Highlight #1:

The parents were supposed to donate magazines for this shape collage activity. One of the magazines did not have a cover on it, but I thought it looked vaguely familiar. The models looked a bit too glamorous for a regular catalog. Then, I began to flip through it and it was a Victoria's Secret catalog. Just as I suspected! My friend and I deduced that the kids would only be able to find circles and triangles in that magazine.

Highlight #2:

This wee one was rocking out as he did his pattern shape stamping. What was he rocking out to? Not an alphafriend kid friendly song. It was his own rendition of Paparazzi by Lady Gaga. He wasn't just humming. He was singing the words he thought he heard. Too cute! I didn't have the heart to make him stop because it made me giggle inside.

No comments: