Monday, August 10, 2009

Water, Berries, and Christmas Trees Part 1

This past week, my hubster and I went on our first road trip from California to Oregon to Washington. My hubster drove most of the 3,000+ miles. I've never sat so much in my life. As he said, I wouldn't have seen all the beauty we saw if we didn't drive. With that said, I would definitely prefer to fly next time though. There will be a next time, we still have to spend more time in Seattle and visit Victoria.

I've been debating how to tell the story of our trip. I've finally decided to do it four parts. Part 1 will be all about our time in Bellingham. Part 2 will be about Seattle and Fairhaven. Part 3 will be about Vancouver. Lastly, part 4 will have photos from our time in Nor Cal. Why no Oregon? Even though we had a fabulous time in Eugene, we don't have that many pictures to show for it. I know. I know. Bummer.

Back to Washington, we spent most of our time in Bellingham. Luckily, we had the best weather possible minus the heat. We tried to enjoy our friend Eliot's patio as much as we could, so we tried to bbq as much as we could.

View of the mansion from the back.

Blackberries growing in Eliot's front yard. These berries grow wild in Oregon and Washington.

The handy chimney Eliot bought with his first grill, Smokey Joe.

My presentation of Eliot's heirloom tomatoes from TJs. It almost didn't make it because the boys kept snacking on it.

Fresh salmon from Pike Place. It was the best salmon we ever had.

Rosemary bread from Pike Place Market from a wee shop called 3 Girls Bakery.

Empty plate and happy tummy (not pictured).

The beautiful view that we got to enjoy every evening. As Eliot says, it's all about the afterglow.

No comments: