Sunday, June 7, 2009

What Does BEA Stand For?

I've had issues with my whole first name since I was a wee one. The mispronounciations are endless. I have learned to deal with it gracefully and just respond. People don't mean to mispronounce my name unless they're a playground bully. As my mom would say, I was one of those lucky kids that didn't have to have my last name initial tacked onto my name like Ashley A or Jessica B.

Even though I wasn't always a big fan of my whole first name, I have always loved the abbreviated version of my name, which is featured on this blog. I always thought it was cute. It fits me perfectly because I'm so petite. I just learned another reason to love it. What does BEA stand for to people in the publishing business? BookExpo America! How cool is that? Very cool if you ask me.

http://mhpbooks.com/mobylives/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bookexpo_america.gif

No comments: