Friday, May 8, 2009

What Does an Over Analyzer Look Like?

Part 1 of the Over Analyzer Story:

Last night, I was catching up with my mentor teacher from my fifth grade placement about my interview that I had earlier that day. He's been really awesome with providing me support through the whole stressful process of landing teaching interviews. Here's one of my favorite parts of our conversation:

Me: Well, I just don't know what more I can do. I guess I'm just over analyzing the situation because I have such limited prospects.
Mr. W-----: Well Bea, from what little I know about you, I think you would be over analyzing it regardless.
Both: (laughs)

Yes, we're that honest with each other. I called him out for being stubborn a couple of days ago, so I fully deserve that comment. I attribute my over analysis behavior to being an English major for four years. That's all we did was analyze literature and human behavior. I don't know any better now. :)

Part 2 of Over Analyzer Story:

As with most of posts, I like to post some kind of visual. I think it just makes the blog look more interesting than a fatty block of text. I went to Google images to find a picture of an over analyzer. I was hoping to find some adorable cartoon, which I did find on the first page. I decided to hop over to the second page to make sure that there wasn't anything more suitable. What did I find?



I find myself in the third row of images. How flipping funny, no? I'm never telling my mentor teacher to search Google images for a picture of an over analyzer. :)

No comments: