Wednesday, March 18, 2009

From Book to Movie

In general, I'm a bit picky about movies that began as books. For instance, I remember the movie-version of The Little Prince being unimpressive. Whatever Harry Potter books I have read were totally better than the movies. Then, I stumbled across the poster for the new Where the Wild Things Are.

Where the Wild Things Are


My first thought was instantly, "Oh no! They can't make it into a movie." Then, I looked at the poster a bit more. It's a beautiful poster. It suddenly reminded me of my days watching Sesame Street and Muppet movies. It even reminded me of Fraggle Rock. Maybe, it won't be that bad? Fyi, Sendak himself consulted for the film. It's set to come out October 16th, so mark your calendars. Yay for Spike Jonze! If the poster isn't enough, here are some early pictures.

No comments: