Thursday, January 8, 2009

Puppet Mania

We've been doing this art series since we got back to big school (university). It's to help us better understand how to incorporate art into our lessons. Today, we finished these interesting hand puppets.

I had to stay over at my friend's apartment, waiting for my hubster to pick me up. (Thanks for babysitting Nicole.) Of course, I wanted to show my hubster my puppet. He gave the face. You know the I-have-to-smile-because-my-wife-made-this-but-I-don't-know-what-the-hell-to-say-about-it face. I was slightly disappointed, but I had anticipated it. Here's my favorite part of puppet mania.

Hubster: Nicole, is that yours? (pointing at her bear puppet)
Nicole: Yea. It's a bear.
Hubster: It's cool. It doesn't scare me as much.
(a few seconds later)
Liz (Nicole's Roomie): Allen, do you want to see mine?
Hubster: Of course.
Liz: (brings puppet over and shows hubster) His name is Melvin.
Hubster: He's cool. He looks like an engineer.
Ginna (Nicole's other Roomie): Do you want to see mine?
Hubster: Yea.
Ginna: (goes to her room and gets her finger puppet) See, it's a finger puppet with a big ol' head.
Hubster: Cool. It's a bird. Why doesn't it have any clothes?
Ginna: Eh. Didn't feel like it.

I heart my hubster for letting all of us share our funky puppets with him. I heart the girls for wanting to share it with him. It was a good day. :)

My Lion

p.s.
I just want throw out the disclaimer that I did the best with what I had.

No comments: