Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Warm Moment

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/images/election-day-books/presidential-elections.jpg

During my M.Ed class, they told us to keep an eye out for warm moments. Warm moments are when you feel particularly proud or excited during teaching. I had a wonderful warm moment today. As mentioned in yesterday's post, I taught my kids about election day, voting, and the presidency. Today, my mentor teacher quizzed them. How did they do? They did freakin' awesome! Here are the questions that they were able to orally answer.
  • How old do you have to be to vote?
  • How old do you have to be to be president?
  • How long can a president be president?
  • What is the maximum number of years that he can be president?
Not too shabby for wee ones. I'm so proud of them. My hubster asked me how much is it the kids and how much is it the teaching. I told them that they didn't have a lot of the info coming in, but their willingness to listen and desire to learn does help. Yay for my kiddos!

No comments: