Monday, November 10, 2008

My Owlets


from flickr

I had an amazing day. I'm supposed to have this Monday and Tuesday off from my teacher boot camp grad program, so I offered to sub at my old school if they needed a sub. I had been all bummed out all weekend because the principal didn't call me. Miraculously, she called me this morning. Unfortunately, I decided to sleep in and missed her first phone call. By the time I called, she already had someone to work in the kinder class, but they were short so many people that I was still welcomed to come down as a substitute assistant of sorts.

She had worked it out that I could work with my owlets that I worked with last year. She even insisted that the their new teacher make time for them to tell me about what they're doing and to ask me questions. As my awesome friend Talar, put it I was the superstar of they day. They swamped me with hugs and told me how much they had missed me. I had missed them as much. It was so nice to see how much they've grown up and how responsible they're becoming. They're also becoming amazing readers. Owlets that weren't even mine last year came up to me to say hello and how much they missed me.

It's such a neat school community. I'm very lucky to still be invited back to be a part of it.
Little ones are just awesome people to be around. They have so much to share. I even got to watch my owlets prepare for their winter sing. I can't wait to see it in December. It was the pick me up that I needed after feeling bogged down and overworked.

No comments: