Sunday, July 27, 2008

Re: I Wish Upon a Shooting Star

My friend Mark who is still doing research in Belize wrote this very nice posting entitled I Wish Upon a Shooting Star. It reminded me of something that I had so desperately wanted to blog about from my latest trip but forgot to blog about until now, so thanks Mark!

When we flew out of DC, the sun was just starting to set. There was a tropical storm that had drifted off of the Eastern shoreline, but there were some lingering thunderstorms hanging around. When we got high enough about the clouds, we could watch the lightening from the the thunderstorms. It was one of the most amazing sights. Sometimes, we could even see the actual lightening bolts striking within the clouds. I was in complete awe until the lightening stopped. Nature is simply amazing.

No comments: