Thursday, July 3, 2008

Feeling Ashy

Right now, I feel like I'm trapped in a giant ashtray and some chain smoker keeps flicking the erroneous ash from his cigarette onto me. I'm not exaggerating. There's a wildfire in the foothills across the freeway from us. You can see flecks of ash flying in the air and huge billowy clouds of smoke are blocking the foothills. Last I heard, which was this morning, it was only 5% contained.

Hopefully, the firefighters have it a little more under control. It's really awful because we have to keep all our windows closed and not stay out too long. It gets hard for me to breathe after awhile and my eyes get all agitated. Of course, my hubster, being the superhuman that he is, is completely unaffected.Last night, we lost power for about 4 1/2 hours. I was studying for my quiz by flashlight.

I felt so bad when I saw my car completely coated in ash.

Even my Hello Kitty sticker is all ashy.

Those are pretty sizable chunks of ash.

No comments: