Thursday, June 19, 2008

Found Dog

Yesterday, I found a huge black dog wandering around our neighborhood without a collar. I brought him home because we live near a main street where people drive 50+ mph. He was the sweetest dog when I brought him home. I was even able to let him in the house and he snuggled on our rug, insisting on frequent belly rubs. Then, my hubster got home and the dog went ballistic. Suddenly, we were terrified of this huge dog occupying our front patio. Even though the dog wasn't too pleased to see my hubster, my hubster still tried to befriend him by sitting next to the sliding door. My hubster is the sweetest. We called the humane society, but they said we would have to take him to animal control. Animal control? No way! We opted to put up found posters instead. In a couple of hours, his owners gave us a call. Yay!


Here's his back story. His name is Max and he lives across that main street. Somehow, he managed to cross the street without getting hit. Thank god! His mom and dad went for a morning run and decided not to take him because it's getting harder for him to go on runs. He wasn't too pleased to be left behind, so he decided to take himself for walk. Funny enough, he tried to follow his parents. Then, I ended up finding him. His parents tried to pay us for finding him. How silly is that? What kind of people take money from just-now-relieved pet parents? Yay for happy endings!

No comments: