Friday, May 16, 2008

Use King Fu Every Day

http://www.sofacinema.co.uk/guardian/images/products/7/33587-large.jpg

Today, we watched Shaolin Soccer. I've been wanting to watch it ever since we saw the preview for it at the Palm Theatre ages ago. I had an inkling I would enjoy it since I loved Stephen Chow's Kung Fu Hustle. It's a classic underdog story with a kung fu movie twist. Stephen Chow has a great sense of humor and knows how to use kung fu movie styles for maximum hilarity. The underlying love story was really cute, especially when Iron Leg's love interest mends his shoes with all sorts of overly cute Japanese character patches. My favorite character was the tubby Light Foot brother. However, I would still recommend Kung Fu Hustle over Shaolin Soccer any day.

1 comment:

hovaleen said...

I happen to LOOOOOVE Shaolin Soccer. I can't recall another movie that made me LAUGH SOOOOO HARD. I guess that just means I definitely have to check out Kung Fu Hustle :)