Saturday, May 31, 2008

Every Magic Act Has 3 Parts...

http://wewatchmovies.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/the_prestige.jpg

My parents had recommended watching the Prestige awhile ago. We finally got around to watching it. It was really good! I loved all the little plot twists. I really liked how the two-bird illusion motif was carried throughout the movie. My hubster was really impressed with Christian Bale because he looked so different from when he was in the Machinist. I still prefer the Illusionist. With the Prestige, I was able to figure out most of the "surprises" before the big reveal. However, the Illusionist had me guessing until the end. I'm also a big fan of Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti. I definitely recommend watching either movies even if you're not that into magicians. The depth of the plot line is so much more than just watching magic tricks be preformed.

p.s.

The movie is so much better than the lame movie poster makes it look.

No comments: