Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Book Inventory

As previously noted, I love to read. However, I'm a fickle reader. I'll buy books and not read them for years. Sometimes, I'll buy a book, drop it, then pick it up again months later. Since I'm trying to wrap up a bunch of loose ends before grad school exile, I decided to take a book inventory.

Started Reading but Abandoned:

If Only It Were True
Roanoke
Broken Music
The Inner Life

Own but Haven't Started:

Guns, Germs and Steel
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Wicked
Kafka by the Shore

With all these books sitting around, what am I to do? I think I'm going to try to finish up If Only It Were True and The Inner Life. Maybe finish Roanoke. Give away Broken Music? I honestly only got Broken Music on a whim because it was in the bargain section at Barnes and Noble. I started it when we were on vacation and didn't find it that interesting.

As for those books I haven't started yet, I might wait and read it with my hubster or my book club some time. Otherwise, they're going to have to wait a little longer on the shelf. I just got Emma and I'm dying to read it. I also found my copy of Anne Frank's Diary and want to read that too. Oy, so many good books and so little time.

No comments: