Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tao of Who?

http://images.43things.com/entry/133703pw150.jpg

I've been trying to devour as many books as I can before I enter grad school Siberia, where I will be sentenced to not having a life for a year. Right now, I'm on the Tao of Pooh. It's a humorous book that attempts to explain basic Taoism principles by using Pooh as a prime example. It's a really sweet and funny book. If you were a Pooh fanatic like I was as a kid, you'll be able to predict what stories the author is going to use for the principles. His writing style is a bit complicated though, which is ironic since Taoism is built on simplicity. Hoff weaves his own conversations with Pooh, classic Pooh stories written by A.A. Milne, and Taoist stories. It takes some time to get used to it. Overall, it's a fun read. :)

No comments: