Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My First Mountain Peak

This past Sunday, I hiked to my first mountain peak. How did I manage this feat, especially since I've been lacking any kind of exercise lately? Peer pressure. Isn't that a great answer? Carlos just kept walking and walking while Donna and my hubster followed. Of course, I followed as well. However, I did it with much complaining and asking how much longer we had to go.

Carlos was right. It was worthwhile hiking up to the top. The views of Montana de Oro were unbelievably beautiful. The hills were as green as the Emerald Isle and the wildflowers sprinkled the hillsides with color. I still contend that Montana de Oro is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I didn't have any romantic thoughts of nature like Wordsworth or Keats. I was just trying not to slip as we went along. Afterwards, I did find this quotation by Wordsworth that fits the experience: "Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." Thank you Carlos and Donna for reminding me why I love Montana de Oro.

View of the ocean, the mountains, what else could you ask for?

What does my hubster do on hikes?
Answer phone calls.
This should be a Verizon ad.

Yep, it says 1,347 feet. Yay for me!

It was frigid and windy.

We're cold but excited!

1 comment:

hovaleen said...

LOL. LOVED the pics. Very good job hiking beebs!!!!