Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Octopus Sausage

At lunch time with the kiddos:

Mr. RN: (smiling) Mrs. T---, come and look at my octopus sausage.
Me: (thinking: OMG! Is it really octopus? He's Japanese and his dad is a sushi chef, so it might be. Am I ready to deal with this? Am I going to toss my cookies?) Sure.
Mr. RN: Look, it's an octopus!

Was it really an octopus? Nope. They were little pieces of sausage with slits cut into them, so they looked like they had octopus legs. How cute is that? Then, I told Mr. RN about how my mom used to make mohawk mango pieces for me. In addition to mohawk mango pieces, my mom also made teddy bear and heart shaped pancakes for me. My mom was so awesome.

I definitely want to make fun food when I have kids. I'm going to make heart shaped pb and j sandwiches, pizza with faces, and ketchup happy faces on hotdogs. My hubster thinks that it's spoiling them, but it's the stuff that childhoods are made of. :)

No comments: